Skip Navigation

Resources

Metro Atlanta Top Employers

Call Us: (404) 880-9000

Metro Atlanta Top Employers, 2018-2019
(includes employers with minimum FTE Headcount of 500 in metro Atlanta)

The Metro Atlanta Chamber's Economic Research Team conducted a top employers survey from October 2018-January 2019 to determine which employers have the largest total full-time equivalent (FTE) headcounts of all locations across the 29-county metro Atlanta area (Barrow, Bartow, Butts, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dawson, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Jasper, Lamar, Meriwether, Morgan, Newton, Paulding, Pickens, Pike, Rockdale, Spalding, Walton counties). The research included direct outreach to organizations with a survey from the Metro Atlanta Chamber's President & CEO as well as data from third party sources. Final results totaled 233 organizations that qualify as metro Atlanta's top employers. 46 percent of organizations provided direct survey responses with their full-time equivalent (FTE) headcounts. Headcounts for the remaining 54 percent of organizations listed, who did not respond, were sourced primarily through BusinessWise, a database of companies in the area. Additional sources included the Atlanta Business Chronicle and Carroll County Chamber. Federal, state and local government and public school systems were not included in the research.

Top 25 Metro Atlanta Employers (2018-2019)

Rank Employer (Full-Time Equivalent Headcount) Primary Facility Type
1 Delta Air Lines (34,500) Corporate HQ/Airport (FORTUNE #75)
2 Emory University & Emory Healthcare (32,091) Educational Institution/Healthcare
3 The Home Depot (16,510) Corporate HQ (FORTUNE #23)
4 Northside Hospital (16,000+) Healthcare
5 Piedmont Healthcare (15,900) Healthcare
6 Publix Super Markets (15,591) Division HQ
7 WellStar Health System (15,353) Healthcare
8 The Kroger Co. (15,000+) Division HQ
9 AT&T (15,000) Division HQ/Regional HQ
10 UPS (14,594) Corporate HQ (FORTUNE #44)
11 Marriott International (12,000+) Hotels
12 Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (9,000) Healthcare
13 Cox Enterprises (8,894) Corporate HQ
14 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) (8,403) Federal Government Agency HQ
15 The Coca-Cola Company (8,000) Corporate HQ (FORTUNE #87)
16 Southern Company (includes Georgia Power) (7,753) Corporate HQ (FORTUNE #126)
17 Grady Health System (7,600) Healthcare
18 SunTrust Bank (7,478) Corporate HQ (FORTUNE #303)
19 Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) (7,139) Educational Institution
20 T State Farm (6,000) Hub
20 T Turner (6,000) Corporate HQ
22 Kennesaw State University (5,488) Educational Institution
23 Bank of America (5,130) Regional HQ
24 Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) (4,700) Corporate HQ
25 Allied Universal Security Services (4,570) Regional HQ
mac_callout_image-3.jpg

Metro Atlanta by the Numbers

View Details
shutterstock_199810043_-1-.jpg

Map of Metro Atlanta

View Details
fortune_500_1000_hqs.jpg

Fortune 500 & 1000 Headquarters in Metro Atlanta

View Details
Cookie Settings