Think you’re the best? Now prove you’re the best. For more than 29 years, the Metro Atlanta Chamber and the Atlanta Business Chronicle have recognized the top start-ups and entrepreneurs in metro Atlanta at the Business Person of the Year awards luncheon. Be part of the 2015 tradition by nominating a candidate, applying yourself or attending the luncheon.
This year's celebration recognizes entrepreneurs from three different stages of business - an “Experienced Entrepreneur,” with seven or more years of experience; an “Emerging Entrepreneur,” with three to seven years of experience; and an “Early Stage Entrepreneur,” with one to three years experience.
Candidates may also have the opportunity to be selected for a special judge's award. Award winners received:
- A special feature in the Atlanta Business Chronicle highlighting finalists from each category and their business
- Recognition by over 400 attendees at the June 12th MAC's Business Person of the Year Awards Luncheon
- Eligibility for nomination to the MAC's Board of Directors
- Applicants are invited to attend a special seminar on 'How to Win Business Person of the Year Awards. Insight from two Judges Seminar' on April 24th from 8:30 am - Noon at Metro Atlanta Chamber
- If selected for the 1st round of interviews, you will present your 3 minute elevator pitch on May 6th between 8:30 am - 5 pm at Metro Atlanta Chamber
- If selected for the 2nd round of interviews, you will have a 10 minute Q&A session on May 14th between 8:30 am - 3 pm at Metro Atlanta Chamber
- 29th Annual Awards Luncheon will be held on Friday, June 12th from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm at The Ritz-Carlton Buckhead
- Primary owner or major shareholder of the business (only one applicant per company is eligible)
- Locally established for at least a year and meets the qualifications as identified in each category
- Fewer than 250 employees
Experienced Entrepreneur - 7+ Years
An entrepreneur who has owned their business for at least seven years and has demonstrated exemplary business achievement, customer growth, community leadership, industry influence and entrepreneurial success in the past year. This is also a business owner who has earned public recognition and serves as a mentor for other entrepreneurs.
Emerging Entrepreneur- 3-7 Years Early-Stage Entrepreneur - 1-3 Years
A successful business owner who has owned their business for at least three years and not more than seven years and has demonstrated extraordinary financial success. This entrepreneur, displaying a solid business foundation with clear goals and future objectives for continued growth is a true inspiration to other individuals who are considering starting their own business.
A business owner who has owned their business for at least one year and not more than three years and has achieved exceptional new business start-up results in the past year. The accomplishments include: developing and achieving projected revenue goals, executing successful marketing awareness, creating business exposure in the marketplace and demonstrating business leadership in the community.