Think you’re the best? Now prove you’re the best. For more than 29 years, the Metro Atlanta Chamber and the Atlanta Business Chronicle have recognized the top start-ups and entrepreneurs in metro Atlanta at the Business Person of the Year awards luncheon. Be part of the 2015 tradition by nominating a candidate, applying yourself or attending the luncheon.
This year's celebration recognizes entrepreneurs from three different stages of business - an “Experienced Entrepreneur,” with seven or more years of experience; an “Emerging Entrepreneur,” with three to seven years of experience; and an “Early Stage Entrepreneur,” with one to three years experience.
2015 Finalists Early Stage Entrepreneur
- Anna Ruth Williams, Founder & CEO, AR|PR
- Stuart Bracken, CEO & Co-founder, Bioscape Digital
- Mario Montag, Founder & CEO, Predikto, Inc.
- Rahim Charania, CEO, American Fueling Systems
- John Haber, Founder & CEO, Spend Management Experts
- Charlie Cichetti, Principal & Co-founder, Sustainable Investment Group, LLC
- Tom Digregorio, President & Owner, Aquaguard Foundation Solutions
- Joe LeCompte, Prinicpal, PMG
- Amie Silverman, President, Silverman Construction Program Management
- Shane Lyle, President, Strathmore Floors-Design-Cabinets
- Vera Watkins, CEO & Co-Founder, The Marena Group
Startups to Watch
- Pulkit Bhatnagar, U4gotUrBaby, Georgia State University
- Mark Prausnitz, Micron Biomedical, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Dwayne Walker, Sparketh, Kennesaw State University
- Regan Durkin, Advent Innovations, LLC, University of Georgia
Experienced Entrepreneur - 7+ Years
An entrepreneur who has owned their business for at least seven years and has demonstrated exemplary business achievement, customer growth, community leadership, industry influence and entrepreneurial success in the past year. This is also a business owner who has earned public recognition and serves as a mentor for other entrepreneurs.
Emerging Entrepreneur- 3-7 Years Early-Stage Entrepreneur - 1-3 Years
A successful business owner who has owned their business for at least three years and not more than seven years and has demonstrated extraordinary financial success. This entrepreneur, displaying a solid business foundation with clear goals and future objectives for continued growth is a true inspiration to other individuals who are considering starting their own business.
A business owner who has owned their business for at least one year and not more than three years and has achieved exceptional new business start-up results in the past year. The accomplishments include: developing and achieving projected revenue goals, executing successful marketing awareness, creating business exposure in the marketplace and demonstrating business leadership in the community.