How to Obtain a Certificate of Free Sale:
The Metro Atlanta Chamber can issue a Certificate of Free Sale for products manufactured and legally sold in the U.S. A Certificate of Free Sale states that the company selling the products has submitted evidence to us that the products listed on the certificate are freely sold in the U.S. For an example, please see the attached Certificate of Free Sale form
Certificate of Free Sale Requirements
The Metro Atlanta Chamber can issue a Certificate of Free Sale for products manufactured in the U.S. if the following requirements are met. Please review the below and check out our Certificate of Free Sale Requirements document:
- For products that are manufactured in the U.S. you must be able to prove this by submitting a written declaration from the manufacturer (a signed declaration from your company if you are the manufacturer) stating that the products are manufactured in the U.S.
- For each product you would like listed on the Certificate of Free Sale, your company must submit copies of invoices showing the sale of each product to two (2) different U.S. customers. The invoices should be dated within the last 12 months and the product names must be the same as how they will appear on the certificate. Please note that if you have more than one product, we can list multiple products on one certificate (though we will still need copies of invoices showing the sale of each product to two different U.S. customers).
- Please specify for which country/countries you would like the certificate(s) issued.
- Please specify exactly how the products should be listed on the certificate(s). (This should coincide with how they are listed on the commercial invoice). We will also need to know exactly how you want your company name and address to read.
- If the FDA covers the product, we cannot issue a Certificate of Free Sale for you. You must contact the FDA directly and have them issue the certificate.
Certificate of Free Sale Fees
- Fees are as follows; please note that fees are per individual certificate per country.
- You must purchase a separate certificate for each country to which you wish to export.
- $25 for Metro Atlanta Chamber Members.
- $75 for all non-member companies (located in the State of Georgia).
- The initial fee covers up to 25 products listed on the certificate. If you would like to more than 25 products listed on a certificate, please add $25 for each additional 25 products.
- Prepayment is required. We accept AmEx, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, check or cash.
- Once all of the above has been submitted, the certificate takes 1-2 days to process.
- Your certificate application and accompanying invoices can be sent by email (preferred), mail or by fax (404) 586-8464.
- Please include an account number and method of shipment if your Certificate needs to be returned via FedEx or UPS.
If you need a Certificate of Origin, please follow this link to access our online system: e-Certify.